In order to have full editability of videos in Screencast-O-Matic, the files are stored to your local hard drive, even after you have shared them out to Google Drive or other means of publishing online. In order to clean up disc space that becomes full, follow these few simple steps or watch the video linked below.
- Go into Screencast-O-Matic
- Choose the "Manage Recordings" checkbox at the top left of the screen.
- Click on as many videos as you are comfortable deleting. We suggest deleting videos that are over a week old as long as you have uploaded them to some other form of storage (Google Drive, Youtube, etc.). As you click on them, they will have a blue box around them.
- After you have selected the videos you want to delete, choose Delete in the top menu.
- Then, you will either need to close out of the program, or choose the "Deleted" box that now shows up and choose Commit Deletes.
You should now have disk space to record more videos.