Finalize Grades in PowerTeacher Pro
Once a teacher has completed entering grades for the current trimesters, the final step is to Finalize the Grades. Final grades cannot be stored until all sections with grades are finalized.
NOTE: Grade changes in a gradebook do not automatically update in PowerSchool. Therefore, if a teacher changes a grade after they have been stored in PowerSchool, the teacher must notify the office personnel responsible for managing Historical Grades to update the stored grade that will show up on the report card and the transcripts.
How to Finalize Grades:
- From PowerTeacher Pro, click on the Grading icon, with the A+ in the top left corner.
- Select Traditional.
- The Final Grade Status button is on the lower right corner of an actual gradebook. (See image below)
- Click on the Final Grade Status button.
- The Final Grade Status window will appear.
- Check the very faint box in the top right corner to mark the completion of the grades and click Save.
- A green check will appear in the Final Grade Status box at the bottom of the page.
- Add a comment if desired. The comment is only visible by the person who runs the readiness report and is not included on the report card.
- Click Save
- Repeat for all sections.
The checkbox in the top right corner is very important.